Tuesday, August 15, 2006
- a special thanks to my dad who supported my decision to do this and loyally and meticulously read all my blog entries and even responded to a few. thanks, pop!
- to dr. h for masterminding the idea of a joint tesol certificate program between osu and pnu. without this, the summer wouldn't have been as exciting; for all the virtual support and encouragement prior to his arrival and for all the face-to-face support and encouragement while in pusan
- to cherepaha for his loyalty in reading and responding to my blogs; for sharing his insight on my teaching pedagogy and the use of technology in the efl classroom; mostly, for introducing me to blogging (and podcasting) - i think i'm now an blog-addict!
- to the students in the p, n and u classes who diligently read and responded to my blog - thanks for the creative postings!
- to all who responded to my blog via e-mail (alice, asha, chris, clint, craig, jerry, joseph, maj, michael, "n" and shandler) - loved your thoughts. hope you didn't mind if i posted some of them. they were too good not to share.
- to the team - charm, stuart and lisya - it was great working and living with you! i learned a lot (about myself) through this. it definitely is an experience i won't forget. to charm - thanks for sharing your knowledge about the asian culture and other practical things like how to use the washing machine, buying an ethernet cable, etc.; for sharing your food, especially the sky flakes, peanut butter and mini purple muffins; for the cleaning tips; for endless shopping trips - i don't think i hate shopping as much now; for the new nail color - love it!; etc. to stuart - thanks for the handouts on extensive reading from the tesol academy in seoul; for all the travel brochures; for having the patience (and courage) to live with three women for a month! you're a champ!; for "holding the door"; etc. to lisya - thanks for initiating discussions about our teaching; for sharing your teaching ideas; for the proposal and article collaboration projects - it's so easy working with you; for our night walks; for photo sharing - turkey is so beautiful! i really hope i can visit you there some day in the near future; for blogging with me; for cafe conversations and chipmunk watching; for motivating me to work on my dissertation; for inspiring me with your spirit and your view of "the glass being half full" no matter what the situation; for enduring unsustainable conversations with me; for sharing a bathroom; etc. (miss you, chicka!) to everyone, thanks for laughing at my endless jokes, even though they weren't always funny. (i hope they were at least sometimes funny. ;))
How about your daily life?
Pusan is still hot! too too too hot
maybe typhoon step aside from Korea.
Now I can`t believe finish our course, today I got up still early and I`m think to myself 'our class is over' and I take a oversleep
One month was very short time for me but it was good starting point to my English study.
last 3days I`m take a rest with my friends, so I`m restart from this day forth
Cate thanks for your teaching
I`m confident of your success.
Thanks for your posting! Sorry to hear that it's still so hot in Pusan. I was hoping that maybe it would cool down once we left.
I'm in Columbus now. Here the weather is beautiful. It's not nearly as hot as in Pusan. It's almost like fall compared to what I experienced in Pusan.
It's hard to believe that the course is over. I agree with you that one month was too short. I'm going to recommend that when we do this in the future, we extend the time to maybe six weeks. I'm glad to hear that you found the experience to be worthwhile.
What will you do now that the course is finished? Whatever you do, all the best to you. I really enjoyed having you in the class and getting to know you. Thanks for your active participation and for sharing your knowledge of the Korean culture with me. I really learned a lot. Also, thanks for your postings.
My vacation is end of the arond the coner. I'm afraid that I don't much of things that I planed before.
English intensive course was the one of my plans. I could do that very well with you and other teachers' help.
Thank you so much.^^
See you next time.
- p.s Did you get my e-mail with some pictures?
I'm glad to hear that the weather in Pusan is better these days. It was so hot when we were there. I hope with the cooler weather you're able to enjoy your upcoming vacation.
I didn't receive your e-mail with your drawings. Could you send it again? Thanks!
All the best,